Whether you are a resident or a first-time visitor, we hope that your experience is rich and plentiful.
Mayville is rich in history, being first settled in 1845, by the families of Chester May and Alvin Foster who opened a saw mill. Shortly after this, the discovery of iron ore in the area led to a rapid growth of the settlement. Full of industrious, hardworking, and friendly people, Mayville gained the reputation as Dodge County’s most progressive city. As the iron industry grew in Mayville, so did its downtown, hosting an array of businesses from cigar factories and breweries, to piano stores and creameries.
Once the country moved from iron to steel, that same spirit helped Mayville transition into a manufacturing and farming community. Unlike many other iron cities across the country, Mayville and its downtown continued to prosper. Most of the original, historic buildings are still present today.
Mayville is a city with a remarkable history that includes many innovations, including: the roots of John Deere, cheese packaged into wedges, the shotshell reloader, milk trucks, and the aircraft carrier net. That progressive tradition continues today with Mayville being the first city in Dodge County to allow sidewalk dining, hosting an array of unique shopping, and the area’s best restaurants.
We hope you enjoy Mayville’s fascinating history, our energizing present, and return for the exciting future.
View Around the Corner Mayville on PBS
This video is unavailable
The Mayville Area Chamber of Commerce can use your support! Do you have a volunteer program in your business? We would love to have you, your organization, or employees participate in any of the programs and events that the Chamber provides to the community. The Chamber will promote your business through social media and any ads done for the event, and you can wear and display your organization’s promotional materials!
Email us today at email@example.com and share your special skills with Mayville!
- Business and Community Programs
- Ambassadors’ Program
- MACC Business & Citizen of the Year Awards and Dinner
- Welcome New Families to the Community with Greeter Bags of Members’ Promotional Materials
- Welcome Wagon Program Chairman Open!
- Chamber OPEN Golf Outing
- Host or Assist in Network Nights or Lunch and Learn
- MACC Annual Dinner & Meeting
- Concerts in the Park Concessions
- Rock N Boom Concession Stand
- Delivering Make It Mayville Books to Surrounding Areas
- Sell Raffle Tickets
Mayville City Hall
- The City Hall at 15 School Street houses the city business offices, common council chambers and Police Department. The common council is made up of elected officials, which is made up of the mayor and six alderpersons who represent different wards in the community. To contact any of the city departments call 920-387-7900 or visit mayvillecity.com.
- Mayville has a professional full-time police department providing 24-hour dispatching for the city.
- Mayville EMS is located at 102 Mill Place and is independent from but works closely with the Mayville Fire Department. Our teams are ready 24/7 to provide lifesaving care to those in need.
- Mayville has a professionally trained Volunteer Fire Department dedicated to service in all aspects of rescue, fire prevention and suppression, and control of hazardous situations.
Poison Control Help Line
The Mayville School District serves approximately 1,100 students across three schools with a commitment to providing a quality educational environment and experience for the children of Mayville and the surrounding area.
The District’s mission is to foster innovation, empower learners and transform the learning experience. We promote a growth mindset in which learning is continuous and believe that all students can attain mastery of academic targets.
The Mayville community has shown its outstanding support for our schools through the recent completion of a $24.5 million construction and renovation project including the renovation of Mayville High School, the construction of a new state of the art fitness center, new technology education spaces, new agricultural science spaces, and capital maintenance/safety & security improvements at all three of our schools.
Mayville School District works collaboratively with local child care providers and preschools to offer 4K: St. Mary’s, St. John’s, Jaime’s Clubhouse and Parkview Primary. Each site has a highly-qualified, DPI-certified teacher who receives professional development and curriculum resources from the district. For more information call Becky LeBouton, 4K Coordinator and Parkview Principal at 920-387-7973 ext. 2002.
PAROCHIAL SCHOOLS IN MAYVILLE
Businesses, Organizations & Food Pantries
Mayville Chamber of Commerce
Mayville Public Library
- Population 4,921- 0.485% 1-Year Decline
- Ron Johnson- US Senator- Republican Party
- Tammy Baldwin- US Senator- Democratic Party
- Median Age- 39.3
- Poverty Rate- 8.21%
- Median Household Income- $46,550- 3.55% 1-Year Growth
- Median Property Value- $132,400- 1.19% 1-Year Decline
- Number of Employees- 2,599- 0.231% 1-Year Growth
Spotlighting our Community
We are the customer company. Mountin’s Piggly Wiggly is a community-based supermarket committed to doing the little extras to meet the needs of our customers.
Legacy Medical Services
Legacy Medical Services is a different way to experience primary care. We offer comprehensive outpatient primary care services with direct, transparent pricing. We limit the size of the practice to allow you unprecedented time, access & superior care.
We are more than just a manufacturing and fabricating company. Award-winning and employee-owned, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the industry.